February 2

Short Story Prompts

Short Story Prompt: Tag

The fireflies were thick, tiny dancing lights scribbling an unfathomable language across the inky sky when the last echo of “Tag, you’re it!” faded into a hesitant silence of a late summer’s night. The Cicadas populated the void left by the fireflies, shrilling to sometimes unbearable levels. (to be continued)

Short Story Prompt: New Me

The sound of falling water dropped into the darkness and swirled me up into consciousness. Random questions drifted through the fog in my brain, “Where am I? Wait…how’d I get here? …. WHERE is here?!” I opened my eyes to find myself in an unfamiliar body, dressed in odd clothing, which seemed mostly made of moss and cobwebs, sprawled on an unfamiliar sandbar in the middle of a foggy, grey forest. The twin suns overhead cast a faint green haze over the waterfall and my sandbar…wait…TWO suns?!   (to be continued)

7 thoughts on “Short Story Prompts

1. strider24

the imagery is nice and i like the words you use to describe things. it would be more powerful if sometimes there were variations between the lengths of the sentences i.e. keep most of the long, lengthy describing sentences but sprinkle a few shorter and to-the-point descriptors to keep the audience involved and invigorated.

Reply